Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 3 Picks

I have zero confidence going into the NFL’s third week - and for good reason. Last week it turns out I was 6 and 10, not 7 and 9. That’s more than awful. This week, I’m taking the “safe” approach. There are hardly any shockers on my list so far. Here’s a quick rundown.

Obvious:
Philly over KC at home
Baltimore over the Browns at home (the spread is up to 13 points!)
Houston over the Jags at home.
The Cowgirls over the Panthers at home (total score around 45 for the tie-breaker)
Road wins for Green Bay, the Giants, Washington, and Pittsburgh

Close calls:
The Jets over Tennessee in New Jersey. The Jets have looked great in every game and the Titans look all around rusty.

Atlanta beating The Patties in Pattie-land. Same thing – the Patties look like crap, and Atlanta looks pretty sharp.

Chicago on the road over Seattle. Never trust Chicago. Never trust Cutler. Unless you trusted Seattle the week before and got burnt.

San Diego at home over the Dolphins. Home team. Phins don’t finish and the Chargers don’t either.

Denver in Kevlarland winning at Oakland. Week 2: Russell 7 of 24 109 yards, McFadden 12 for 35 yards 1 TD.

Arizona at home over Indy. Indy’s Dee? Anyone there?

Upsets:
San Fran on the road over Minnesota. How dare I pick against Favre! But a 7 point favorite at home for a team that has beaten Cleveland and Detroit??? I’m sorry; I just don’t buy it.

Buffalo at home over New Orleans. New Orleans has beaten Detroit and Philly so far. Philly, by the way, attempted 51 passes in that game and hasn’t had a rusher over 64 yards yet. Enter Freddy Jackson. (Okay, all heart and no logic here.)

I’m not as nervous this week as I was last week. Maybe that’s because there’s virtually no way I can do worse than I did last week. So either way, I’ll be improving. I look forward to Sunday, and I hope it turns out to be a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Shame. Shame on you.
    It's a good thing this weekend is a special occasion, or I wouldn't be so forgiving.
    You know what you did.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk... shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You should feel blessed that I picked against them. Judging by last weekend, they have a 5:3 shot of winning based on that alone. Those are all-in odds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope springs eternal in the Colts fans' hearts.

    ReplyDelete