Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Home. Again.

I’ve been couch-contained since just before the New Year. I had “minor” surgery on the 30th. Minor meaning there’s nothing for my friends to worry about and there’s plenty to affect my life. Yesterday I tried work for the first time. A high percentage of people have no problems within a couple days. I waited a whole week and had plenty of problems. I was home by 10:30. I felt worse yesterday than I did last Thursday.

I really hate the feeling of involuntarily leaving responsibilities at work. I say “involuntarily” because I really have no problems deciding to skip out on work. That’s behavior I’ve had since birth! It’s also part of the reason I scheduled this procedure during our boat’s in-port period. Of course, the upside is more time at home with the family. I have also had loads of time to work on hobbies (work? lol) such as Blogger and poker.

I’ve found some new reads as far as blogs go. It’s nice to have something new to read every time I log on. My new poker blog is going great. I’ve designed a header and background for it using my minimal graphic design talents. I’ll use this opportunity to shamelessly plug it again ;-)





I love Blogger’s feature that allows me to set the time that a blog gets published. This allows me to write multiple blogs at once without throwing them all out there at the same time. This is perfect for poker, as I am always thinking about it. There’s always something for me to write about. Also, when my boat leaves for an entire week I will have the ability to publish while I am gone, which is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment